Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Wilson Vineyards Chenin Blanc-Viognier, Clarksburg 2006


I have enjoyed this wine for a number of years but this is the first time I will be reviewing it. Wilson Vineyards has been reviewed a couple of time on my blog, mainly their Petite Sirah (I am a sucker for a good Petite). This blend of Chenin blanc and Viognier is quite nice and reminds me of the Pine Ridge Chenin-Viognier which also comes from the Wilson vineyards. This wine has a nice bright and vibrant color to it and shows tropical fruit and honeysuckle on the nose with tart green apple aroma peaking through. The palate switches things up a bit giving some sweeter peach and pear flavors with a cream component and finishes slightly off-dry but with a good balance of acidity. I see this wine as a great fall season food wine. I am thinking of Thanksgiving turkey and ham already.

Overall, I like this new vintage and at $10 it's a great value.
I give it a B+.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger Stephen Hunton said...

David,
Do you still check the comments on your blog? I met you a LONG time ago, but recall that you used to do winetasting parties?

Do you still do this, or do you recommend any companies in the Atlanta area that do?

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger David Ogilvie said...

Hey Stephen, yea I still do tastings. Although I am moving out of the Atlanta area on March 22nd, back to CA to make wine. So if you want to do a tasting shoot me an email.

David
daveogil@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home